Text content from Lower to Upper

Thank you guys for the help. i created the python script and copied and pasted the code but nothing changed i CAD and i see this warning. I a doing something wrong? i am not familiar with python for cad… thanks.

You need to input a list of object handles like the picture in this above post:

Thank you, it works like a charm. I want to learn Python for Dynamo but i don’t see a good place to find a step by step learning. DO you know where i can find good tutorials?

1 Like

There isn’t really a consolidated resource for specific “Python for Civil 3D” documentation. You’ll have to just dive in and learn from examples on this site in combination with the API documentation for AutoCAD/Civil 3D.

Thank you very much guys.

This can help a little https://procadblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/pro-cad-civil-3d-2018-c-sharp-net-cheat-sheet.pdf

6 Likes

Some more potentially useful info:

1 Like

Sorry to ask but how do I use the Python script in my Dynamo graph? This script allows me to select what layer to take the Text from? Thank you so much in advance.

@raul.07.11

https://primer.dynamobim.org/10_Custom-Nodes/10-4_Python.html

Thanks very much!

Hi Zachri, I have literally copied and pasted this script into my python node in dynamo for civil 3D, and the program throws me a series of error messages.

This is the version of Dynamo that I have, and I also have the DynamoIronPython2.7 V1.0.0 package installed.

Hi @henrybajana,

Did you get this figured out?

Not yet

Hello mzjensen, I tried this with text and it works perfectly, how can I use it with Mtext?

Thanks

Hi @AymanAl-Maaraf,

Here’s a simplified version that will work for both Text and MText. Also, there is no need to pass in the handles of the objects like the previous version. Just pass in the objects themselves, like below. It will filter out any objects that are not Text or MText, and it will return the newly-modified text contents.

text

import clr

clr.AddReference('AcDbMgd')

from Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices import *
from Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices import *

adoc = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument

def text_to_upper(dynObjs):

if not dynObjs:
        return
    if not isinstance(dynObjs,list):
        dynObjs = [dynObjs]

global adoc
    output=[]

with adoc.LockDocument():
        with adoc.Database as db:
            with db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction() as t:
                for dynObj in dynObjs:
                    acObj=t.GetObject(dynObj.InternalObjectId, OpenMode.ForWrite)					
                    if isinstance(acObj, DBText):
                        newText=acObj.TextString.upper()
                        acObj.TextString=newText
                        output.append(newText)
                    if isinstance(acObj, MText):
                        newText=acObj.Contents.upper()
                        acObj.Contents=newText
                        output.append(newText)						
                t.Commit()			
    return output

OUT = text_to_upper(IN[0])
1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply, what I want is to get the MText position as a point inside Dynamo

That is not related to the original thread. Please create a new thread if you can’t find another one with the solution.

Ok, thanks

Can you share with sheet again because the link epired

Hi Elmoataz, archive.org is your friend - link below
pro-cad-civil-3d-2018-c-sharp-net-cheat-sheet.pdf

2 Likes