Change table text font and change to upper case

Hi, I am new to Dynamo and don’t have to much experience with it. I have a ton of tables with text that are imported from Excel, most of the text is in lower case and in the wrong font. I would like to change the font and turn the text into uppercase. I have managed to change Mtext to upper but can’t figure out how to get the text in the tables to change. The issue is that the font style in excel was different then the one I want, and even if my table style has the right font, the text is still the wrong font. I would like to not have to import all the tables again. Is there anyone that knows how to do it?

Thanks for you help!

Hi @andreas.saevland,

It would be worth checking out the nodes in the Civil 3D Toolkit package that enable access to AutoCAD tables, but they won’t be able to do what you’re asking. So you’d have to write a Python node and dig into the AutoCAD .NET API to get this to work.

That may not be worth your time, so I’ll offer a different approach. Is it an option in your workflow to just disable “Use Excel Formatting” in the data link settings? Then you can control everything using AutoCAD styles and still maintain the connection to the data link without reimporting everything.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. Okay, I will take a different approach since I am a beginner to Dynamo and haven’t started looking into Python yet. That would work for me! Glad you thought about that.