Tagging Walls - Tag Location

I don’t think you need to get the centroid at all. Just replace the Vector.ByTwoPoints node with a Point.AsVector node and then it should work.

Hi @T_Pover, I did what you recommended, back to start. :frowning:

What did I do wrong?

Hi @Rob_Kuffel1, I also tried your solution, this is my result:

Now, I get all the tags in the same place :S

I betcha it has to do with trying to tag them in section. When I was dealing with crops of varying view types I found that the Z axis is not the model Z axis in all view types!

Jorge,
Set the is offset Boolean to True. I think that should fix it.
Rob

Thanks @Rob_Kuffel1, I did what you said, but I’m stll getting the same result. What am I missing?

Oh dang, I didn’t even notice that he was trying to tag in section. I haven’t done that. I’m curious to see how Revit OOTB tag all command would handle that. Sorry I missed that detail Jorge.

Section views got their own coordinate systems, you can check what direction is to the right for the user with the RightDirection property and use that vector to determine the offset,

import clr
clr.AddReference('RevitNodes')
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)
OUT=IN[0].InternalElement.RightDirection.ToVector()

(UpDirection and ViewDirection are similar properties)

http://www.revitapidocs.com/2017/be253fe5-777b-11b6-02be-64106cbb713f.htm

1 Like

Thanks @Einar_Raknes.

I made some test with the script I got from the beginning. With Dynamo 1.2.1 I get the result I want, but with the 1.3.0 version I have the issue described above.

Is this a bug? or something thyat changed in the current version?

Thanks.

Hi @Einar_Raknes, I looked at your comment, but I don’t know how to implement this to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

I don’t remember exactly what I was thinking of, but you should check that the X direction of your vector aligns with the rightdirection in the view.

1 Like

Hello Jorge,

Could you tell me left side block in the uploaded snapshot?

Thanks in advance.

Naveen

Hi @sharmanaveenajmer,

First of all, Happy New Year and sorry for the late reply. Could you be more specific of which image are you talking about?

Regards

Hi all…i am totally new about this dynamo thing.And currently i am trying to understand the concept of building nodes itself. first and for most i wanted to actually create a automated wall tagging script for the layout plan and i found this post is relevant to what i wanted to achieve…Currently when we use the auto tagging function on revit they will tag it base of centre of the wall…I try to build the scripts using “Tag.ByElementAndOffset” node…i have difficulty inputting the offset on that node…can somebody enlighten me on what type of input i should put under that slot.

this is my current script which i am stuck:

the result i get using my stuck script above:

and this is what i want to achieve. Automated Wall tag with an offset. this is done by tagging and manually shift up or down the tag.

Hi Rob. Thanks for the procedure!

I will be thankful for a hint: when I repeat the procedure for the new views or elements the tags are erase from the old view. Do you know how add new tags without erasing old one?

And is it possible to tag walls in certain number of views (list of views)? the block: Tag.By Element does not recognize list of views, it works with only one select view.

Anyone find the tagging nodes really slow? Is there a tag all node somewhere, then you can work with the positioned tags