System.NullReverence error

Dynamo Error (2)
See attached. Does anyone know how to fix this!

what version of Dynamo, DynamoRevit and Revit are you seeing this in?

Revit 2021.1.6
Dynamo 2.0.4

It looks like it is happening firmwide.

unless you mucked about forcing an old version of Dynamo to install in Revit 2021 - it should not be Dynamo 2.0.4 - more likely 2.6 or something like that.

Did your firm recently update Revit when this started happening?

1 Like

@Michael_Kirschner2 Thanks for your replies. We did recently deploy Revit 2023, and the timing tracks with that being a possible trigger. Dynamo will open in Revit 2023, as well as 2019. 2019 is running Dynamo 2.0.4.

Any ideas? If upgrading to Dynamo 2.6, do you have quick access to how to do that?

try the following steps - (there is no way to easily update dynamo in Revit - the versions are locked to specific Revit updates) - but I believe this is some kind of incompatibility with a shared component that Revit 2023 updated.

try this:

• Step1 : Go to folder - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AdODIS\V1\Setup - and locate ADPClientService.exe

• Step 2 Ensure that the version of ADPClientService.exe is either 4.1.38 or higher. To check the version: right click on ADPClientService.exe, select properties, click Details tab and read the File Version.

• Step3 : Double click to launch the ADPClientSerivce.exe. A console window will appear for a few seconds and close itself. If it does not close say after 10-15 seconds you can safely close it.

try booting dynamo again in Revit 2021

If that does nothing, then I’m not sure how to fix it at the moment - but I would make sure to install all the latest Revit 2023 updates and hotfixes.

Hi @Michael_Kirschner2 and @jorgedelacova7458,

Is there a solution for this problem?
We have the same error in Revit 2021.

Try this:

Try the simple solution first! This worked for the users at my firm.

Hi @MVE1112 ,

Thanks for the response.
I don’t understand point 2, disable analystics. How can I disable it in Revit and in Dynamo?

In Revit:

1. Top right corner, press the dropdown menu next to the question mark.

2. Click Desktop Analytics.

3. This will direct you to their website, you’ll have to log in with your autodesk account.
    Disable all Analytics in the menu that pops up.

In Dynamo (depending on the version you are using)

1. Click the Dynamo Dropdown tab,

2. Click agreement to collect Usability Data, disable everything

2 Likes

Please let me know if this works for your firm aswell, or at least let @Michael_Kirschner2 and @jacob.small know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it works! :slight_smile: The simple method.