Synchronize between CSV files and dynamo

Hi, I have a problem when I import data from CSV file and then when I make any updates in it it 's not updating on dynamo directly which means I need to import it again to read updates. How I can make synchronize between files and dynamo. I used dynamo 2.3 and Revit 2019.

your must keep data from file in families and in file data at the same time.
What is primary: datas in file or datas in revit? i have a solution for sync key shchedule with excel data. But there is a big problem: what is primary? If I make changes in file and revit project at the same time.
Alternatively, you can transfer data from a file to the Extensible Storage field in family and store data there.
Your task has no easy solution

what I do with CSV files in dynamo is: I freeze a node to prevent any changes to be done, then I change the bool value in the “transpose” option of the “Import CSV” node, then, unfreeze, change again the boolean option and run the graph… I don’t know why csv is not updated automatically, but it’s no need to load the file again

If you use the File.FromPath node this creates a watcher which will update the graph whenever the file changes on disk.
https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Core/File/Action/File.FromPath

1 Like

maybe I need a python script to solve it

You could use a path through node with your file path as the element to be sent through and a date/time input as the other input selection.

This will then force it to re send your path and make the other nodes update.

how I can use file path as the element?

File path > File.FromPath

yes deniz I know but I think this problem in dynamo 2.3 when I try 1.3 every think was okay, but in 2.3 version I need to load file txt or excel and etc… to refresh data. Now I am trying to refresh it by python but I have errors in python code.

Enable Python support and load DesignScript library

import clr
clr.AddReference(‘ProtoGeometry’)
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *
import time,datetime

The inputs to this node will be stored as a list in the IN variables.

dataEnteringNode = IN
tex=IN[0]
time=[1]

Place your code below this line

f=open(tex, “r”)
if f.mode == ‘r’:
contents =f.read()
print(contents)
ts = time.time()
timestamp = datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(ts).strftime(’%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S’)
precursor ="[" timestamp "] --> "

Assign your output to the OUT variable.

OUT = contents

just I try to refresh time of saving file by python can you help me in this?