Actualising .csv file in family wih dynamo or macro

Hi,
Recently, i have created an excel file to create a data base of mullion profil dimension. This excel export csv file that i link manually in my family in revit.

I would like to know if there is a method to automatically actualize the link between my family and my csv file with a macro or a dynamo that i can simply launch.

I can analyze by myself witch family need to be actualized.

I tried this but don’t actualize the file.

It just “import data” :man_shrugging:

What do you mean by this?

For exemple, i delete a profil reference from the csv and my family parameter value doesn’t change.

As you can see, the parameter value “VALIDE” in red is “Profil existe” with the old CSV for the profile reference WIC10160

When i use the Dynamo node Data.ImportCSV the result is the same.

When i reload it manually there is a difference i want.

I don’t know why dynamo don’t do it automatically.

Once a lookup table is imported, the data is stored internally within the family. The only way to update the data in the family is to import a “new” table. I’m not aware of any custom nodes for this so you’ll probably need to write something yourself. This might be a good starting place.

1 Like

I’m dying inside :sweat_smile:

I’m so disappointed there is not a simple node like “Data.RefreshCSV” :upside_down_face:

if you are so disappointed, why not create it yourself? :slight_smile: And, your concept are totally off here. Import csv node is just purely parsing csv data into readable dynamo data that is to be used in the visual programming environment, nothing else more. If you want to find any OOTB nodes that will play with Revit, go search under the Revit category. If you are dealing with family, orchid package is your best bet. But with that being said, since it is simple node like you said, i believe you can do it in python script easily right

1 Like

Actually in discussion with expert to find a solution, he send me a link to this post in dynamo forum.

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/batch-import-lookuptable-csv-files-to-families/22963/5

As i see a solution of this post, with package we can write formula in parameter.
So i think i can do this :

• Delete csv file from my family
  • Load this csv as a new csv
  • Write formula to my parameter to get my information from csv.

Hi,

I just ran into the same problem: I need to update/refresh LookUpTables

Did you manage to find a solution to your problem?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, today there is no real solution with Dynamo. I see something in C# but that all.