Sun settings from list of views...?

I found an Archilab node that should extract sun settings from view, but I am getting the wrong time?

Yes, I made sure the view index 3 in the node is the current view, form the OOTB nodes…

Ideas?

Thank you

Regards

gio

@Giovanni_Succi see if this helps
Direct sunlight hour analysis - #8 by Paul_Wintour

Revit uses UTC for the time zone. Check out this tutorial for more info: https://parametricmonkey.com/2015/06/15/dynamo-sun-settings/

Although there might be an OOTB node now that deals with time zone, not sure.

Thank you Kai,

getting closer.

Its beyond me why the time zone would not read from Dynamo, but anyways.

I got the current time zone form one view, then I need to use this value to add to all the StartDateTime valuse of all the views I need to process.

See new screen shot: how do I add the -8 hours of timezone to the “StarDateTime” port of the big Archilab node?

On a general note: I remember that the new Dynamo 2.5 had a sort of data type suggestion feature, which I have never found.

In this case, how do I list all nodes that work with “System.DateTime, System.TimeSpan” type of data? (Presumably the type of data that the Archilab node requires)

Also, I am confused: the OOTB node (SunSettingsCurrent.DateTime) works just fine, but it only works with the current view, not a list of views.

It is the Archilab node which does not account for the Time Zone.

Is this the issue?

Thank you

@Giovanni_Succi im not familiar with that node. Can you tell me what version of Archilab its coming from?
If output is a string ,you could try feeding the “StartDateTime” into the Date.Time.From.String node similar to below

Thank you Kai,

So, all my views are setup at 9am, 12pm or 3pm.

I figured how to add the 7 or 8 hours difference, using TimeSpan.Create and AddTimeSpan nodes…

The Archilab node must be returning Greenwich time, which is okay, except, the hours returned are not consistent across the views. 3 views get one more hour, out of the Archilab Settings node.

I double check my views and I cannot understand why the node returns those hours for those views.

@Giovanni_Succi not familiar with your timezone but maybe daylight savings isn’t being accounted for ?

Yeah, that is the only explanation.

March, June and September fall within DLS, while December doesn’t…

thanks
gio