Sun Rays in Revit using Dynamo 0.7.2

Hello,

I worked on creating a Raybounce template (see attached) in an older version of Dynamo. It worked fine - you pick the plane of geometry you want, define the sun position and the density of the grid. The script would create solar “rays” that hit the selected plane of geometry (model lines in Revit). The idea was to visualize how the sun would penetrate or bounce off geometry creating potential solar gain or reflectance issues.

I downloaded the most recent version of Dynamo 0.7.2 the other day and tried to run the same .dyn file, but now it doesn’t work and I can’t figure out why. Can someone please help me? Maybe there is a better way to script the same thing in the newer version.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

Raybounce Template

Hello Justin Dowhower,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good to know that you moved to 0.7.2 which has many more functionalities compared to 0.6.3, and 0.7.2 is our future direction.

Can you please provide your Revit file as well so that I can try your example at my end.

Thanks,

Ritesh

Hi Ritesh,

I attached the Revit model I was using as an example. There is also an image of the original Dynamo layout and an image of what the rays look like when Dynamo runs the script.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,

Justin

Typical Office Building

Hi did you get it to work , as I would love to know how to do this.