Suggestions please!

Sooo… Some moose has gone and worked really hard on a Revit project for months… Only to discover the levels are wrong (wrong names and wrong elevations)

The correct levels are now in the model (correct names and correct elevations)

… but we have 100s of views on sheets that are associated to the wrong levels.
These views have varying amounts of detail items.

You can’t change an associated level in a view as far as I am aware…
So have to copy the view, copy the 2D stuff and put the new view on the sheet.

Any suggestions on how to automate this?

I’m kinda thinking I’ll just recommend hiding the wrong levels and keeping the views as they are and pretending it never happened if I can’t work out how to automate this.

Please give me suggestions!

Why not just rename the levels and adjust the elevation? if you go level by level doing this it should shift everything without issue, and you’ll keep all your annotations together.

2 Likes

They’ve already added the new levels … They’ve moved all the model elements.
I’ve just been asked to fix it :frowning:

I hope you’re charging them 4x the usual rate…

If possible, restore to the previous version. If not possible… proceed with caution. Grouping the views by levels to remain and levels to discard is a good first step. Each level in the ‘to discard’ pile should have a corresponding ‘to remain’. Once you have that you can likely sort by elevation, pair them up, and tell the moose who goofed to copy/paste from the to discard to the to keep. Once that is done removing views on sheet and replacing them is likely pretty quick.

3 Likes

Hahah! Wish I could… I’m not a contractor.

I’ve just had a look at the problem with Dynamo… and there are hundreds of plans on the wrong level. Nothing about this will be quick :expressionless:
At least it’s a bank holiday now so it’s Tuesday’s problem :rofl: :person_facepalming:

Even if not a contractor, highlighting the issue of not providing sufficient oversight at the project architect or project manager level is a must.

If they failed to notice incorrect levels, what else have they missed?