Structural framing and Curve trimming

I trimmed line by using Curve.Project node(Base geometry). This was successful and all the trimmed lines’ length were correct. But when I made structural framing with these lines(curves), there were gaps between the solid that I used for trimming. I couldn’t find what I missed,please give me any advice.

good evening,
your surface on which you projected your curves, is it a flat surface?

Cordially
christian.stan

Hi, Those X marks are lighting fixtures and I changed these to solids from bounding box(Because one lighting fixture contains two solids). So, its not a flat surface.

Trimming curves(lines) by elements(surfaces, boundingboxs or solids) - Geometry - Dynamo (dynamobim.com)

I followed your solution and got the results but still there are small things left

Hello,

Try to see if this is not due to your reduction of the start or end joint

Cordially
christian.stan

Hi,
Yes, you’re right. But I still cannot change the values by GlobalParameter.SetValue and Parameter.SetValue nodes.

Hello,

I think there are certainly much more effective

Cordially
christian.stan

Try typing “End Cut” instead of (“Reduc” in French), to see if this parameter exists (it does not necessarily exist on all elements)
Capture d’écran 2022-08-18 161324

Cordially
christian.stan

Hi,
Thank you for your advice. I could change the value of cut length to 0.0.
But the cut length is shorter than the calculated length. Is there any ways to change all the Cut Length values to the Length that I highlighted at once?

I don’t think this is possible as the field is grayed out

sorry
I thought this would solve your problem

(The cut length must be (in the conditional) the distance between the end of the flanges of the support beams)

edit:

Cordially
christian.stan

Hi,
Here, If you see the highlighted cross,if its cut then its shorter than the actual length and if it’s not then it’s crossing each other? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Can I change the uncutted bars to be cut through changing the parameter values?
To make it looks like same as cutted bars

I lack the skills to be able to answer you unfortunately (I only started recently, a year ago I started revit, and since February dynamo, with the last month more on a regular basis)
I still have a lot of dark areas (for one as for the other) and a big margin of progress.

sorry again
Cordially
christian.stan

No, still thank you so much for your help! much better than the beginning! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hello,
Here is

I hope it will be good

You will need to install the Structural Design package
Capture d’écran 2022-08-19 161242

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for your solution. I could see that I’m reaching to my goal.
I used the DisallowJoinAtEnd node that you used but when I put 19 elements as inputs it only returns 2 result. do I need to put different numbers for the End(input)?

It works only those two highlighted bars…

1 Like

Hello,
Have you tried Long combination on the Node

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I could adjust everything.!

1 Like

Hi,
Is there another approach to get the same result?
The DisallowJoinAtEnd node cusus a lot of delaying… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hello,
I do not see.
sorry

Cordially
christian.stan