Structural Column Style Change

Hi guys, I stuck in a little problem…please help to come out.
I have couple of columns are placed as “Column Style” -“Slanted - End Point Driven”; I want to change them to Vertical Column Style.

But somehow program is not working.
can you please tell me how can I solve this?

the value for “vertical” option is probably an integer. don’t know which value works, so you will have to try several.

I would wager it is 0, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was 1 or 2.

If it’s a 3 that would be surprising.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile: , its working with integer.

1 Like

What is shown in the properties panel of the UI is not always how the parameter is actually stored. It’s quite common for certain parameter types (especially with dropdown selections) to be stored as integers or elements. The easiest way to determine this it to work backwards in Dynamo. Set different parameters for a couple elements and use GetParameterValueByName to see what it returns. Those will be the same values you need to use when setting the parameter.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I just found the solution couple of minutes ago by the same process you just stated. Thank you very much.

It is 3 0_0
I was trying for a while to set it to 0, it gives serious error, and says that I have to save a recovery file, it worked at 3 -vertical column-

Hello,
Strange your situation

Cordially
christian.stan

Yes, very as it worked with me 0 in Dynamo but now I’m developing a c# plugin it only worked with 3, I don’t know why, if anyone can explain?

As it’s a dropdown list with 3 fields (fields >=3 return 0 as unknown I think but nothing certain)

Cordially
christian.stan

THere are quite a few differences between a native C# addin and Dynamo. Most (all?) have to do with how Dynamo deals with converting the Revit objects into Dynamo ones, and vice versa. In the case of the API, the values may be unsourced as per the options in the order of creation, while in Dynamo they may first be sorted by other means.

1 Like