Step by step procedure; adding output value for the next input value in the list

Hi,

I am trying to get a quicker way to get “H” parameter value to be “Hs” value of next element instead of manually key in, refer to the screen grab attached. I would like to know if there any way can be done by dynamo.
Thanks.

H appears to be a read only parameter?

Can you share your .rvt file?

Hey,

So are you just wanting every element’s H value to be it’s Hs value?

I don’t quite get the ‘value of next element’?

Do you want:

element H = E
element 1 Hs changed to E
element 1 H = E1
element 2 Hs changed to E1

is that right? or something else? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Mark

1 Like

Yes. i think your comment is right. As this is a drain model, it has slope and connecting segment of drain elements. Let’s say drain height start with Hs,600, so the end of drain will b deeper H(700 or so) according to the slope. That end ‘H’ will b the start height ‘Hs’ of another one.

Hmm… Apologies I’m not that bright, so I did a drawing… Is this right? As long as your drain is at constant slope? You can just input H, Ht, and count = N?

If Ht varies, you must have some information as to how much, so you can either express that in terms of adding different Ht values, or you maybe work out the angles and use that?

If that’s right we can make some nodes :slight_smile:

I guess my point is that you don’t need a loop feeding previous values, the only varying number is count…

The reason I’m trying to avoid loops is that Dynamo graphs aren’t great for them. We’d either likely get into Design Script or Python. If that’s fine by you, then we can look at those options.

Hope that’s useful,

Mark

Hi Mark,
Thank you. I got your point and noted for other project with same slope and equal length. but my current condition is a bit different. Drain top level is flush and they are neither in equal segment nor straight. Length can be varied based on ground condition. So i generated a Revit family with two profiles. While start Height “Hs” manually key in, end height automated generate based on slope and length. I think it may need Loop condition. :smiley:

Back to my high school Pythagoras :slight_smile:

so we can find H for each instance individually? If you’re saying we only know the first Hs then it’s maybe more tricky?

Hope that helps,

Mark

yep… That’s what I did in my revit family. So We won’t need to care about H. It generates value automatically. My problem now is to key in Hs value for every item.

Oh sorry so when you said Key In you meant it’s to be calculated… could you share a file as Jacob asked?

Thanks,

Mark

Why not just done the elevation of the endpoints of the location curve?

We do need that Revit file though.

I sent revit file to Jacob. :slight_smile:

1 Like