Splitting polylines on vertices where a block is present

Hello,

I am trying to use Dynamo to break a set of polylines on a vertex when there is one of a set of blocks present there (they share a xyz coordinate). I converted the polylines into curves and then into sublists of containing the coordinates of the vertices. I compared these to the coordinates of all the blocks present so I have a list of points where the blocks and curves share a location.

I tried to use the curve.splitbypoint node to solve this issue but it returns and error saying no points are present on the parameter.
I think I need to split the sublists using the locations of the blocks so I have more sublists that start and end on those points. These I can then convert back to polylines that end/start on the blocks

Can you share your data so I can take a look when im at my computer next? *Edit: Won’t have C3D access until the 11th due to being between jobs.

Since I am a new user i can not upload my files to the forum directly. What would be the best alternative to share my data?
I could upload them te WeTransfer

Google drive and one drive is common but any file share service should work. I think it will be pending mod approval but should work.

I made a Google Drive folder with the relevant data
Link to Drive

Sorry for the late response. I am confused by your data. It looks like you shared a dwg that has 3d polylines but doesn’t contain any blocks. I thought you were trying to split a polyline by points on a block along the polyline as shown in your picture?

The files I shared is all raw data. The Dynamo script places the block on coordinates listed in the excel sheet. This is a work around since I can’t extract the coordinates from the points in .dwg.
The intention is to look for intersections between these co-ordinates and the polylines vertices and break there.
I apologise for not mentioning the earlier

These nodes in the Camber package might be useful if you’re trying to get polyline vertices as Dynamo geometry.

1 Like