Spell check a keyed note schedule (My solution)

I took this as far as I can go (without writing python lol) with all of the suggestions (on other threads) and with the help of Archilab and Data-shapes here is my interface. (Keep in mind this is custom to selecting my keyed note schedule fields)

Posting this to see if there is anything I can do to make it more efficient. One thing that bothers me is it will not exclude () (parentheses) and '(feet) for anything. is there something I can add to the exclude list?

Interface 1

Spell Check Keyed Notes_script.dyn (142.0 KB)

2 Likes

Without looking at the actual script, I would assume that the () could be simply replaced by an empty string when collecting the keynotes.

Replace ( with blank
Replace ) with blank

I also assume you could do something similar with feet, by finding each instance of 1‘, 2‘, 3‘ etc. and replacing it with 1,2,3…

Or you could just replace all ‚ and „ with blanks…

LOL this is a reply from a programmer’s view (I think) not an architectural engineering side (There is no way to tell a contractor the 1’-0" and 1,-0, is the same) as for the brackets why would a space work unless you are telling me to do ( One ) instead of (One) once again you are telling all English writing people to do something not normal. Maybe I am misreading what you wrote if so, I am sorry and can you enlighten me on my miss information.

Oh, and to make it more interesting the spell check is ok with 5" just not. 5’

So I assume you are reading a key-note schedule, and then checking that against a dictionary.

When you read the contents of the file, you could just get rid of the parenthesis to avoid having to replace them. This will get the mis-spelled words isolted for review.

Without looking too much into how you might resolve this during the correction-part of the script, it would at least avoid pushing the word into an error. Probably there would be method to find each index of these characters in the character count (l can think of at least one way to do this) and you could retain the mapping this way…depends on how the replacement of words is implemented.

1 Like

Ahhh that worked perfect had to do multiple replace because a group list would not replace (dont get that). but just needed the three and bam worked fine. Thank you so much.

Yes, I had to do the same…there are other more “clever” ways to cycle through lists and replace…but if I am only looking for a few items, not a big deal to just copy-paste my way through.

1 Like