Space points every x'-x" on surface

Hello,

I am trying to space points every x" on a surface. I am currently using ‘surface.pointatparameter’, but my current method is only allowing me to space along the surface by a % between 0 (min) and 1 (max). This is helpful, but if I want the points to be spaced by a specific dimension it is not sufficient. Is there a different node I can use that keeps it ON the surface but also allows more accurate placement?

Thanks!

Aaron

@anordstrom,

is this what you searching for?

1 Like

Hello

a possibility

cordially
christian_stan

These are both is close to what I was doing. I think the problem I’m running into is if the surface is curved or not on an orthogonal grid. Is it possible to find the distance between two points along a curved/angled surface?

In this case, you have the possibility of projecting a curve
( Pullonsurface) from an orthogonal plane on your curved surface and determining the length of this curve, then working relative to the length

Cordially
christian.stan

For complex surfaces projection may not work, as the points won’t push along the surfaces’s normal. Personally i find instances where you need to space things along the UV by a specific dimension very, very rare, but they happen. Always challenge the assumption though as it’s often a misconception that a flexible UV value won’t work - often I find that ‘oh actually we don’t want that type of irregularity at the end of the pattern’ results in UV parameters becoming ideal.

1 Like