Sort list to nested list

I’m not sure but by indexing or dictionary or something. How do I sort the callouts to where each sheet view is it relates too. So say 20 List 2 has 3 callouts that we can get from the callouts view name. How do I get those 4 callouts to replace the 20 List 2 with the 3 callouts and so on for all of them

its out of my league, just trying something with only 2 sheet views

wow I think I did it, to tired to test check atm. 1am…

If the callout view is placed on a sheet then you should be able to get the Referencing Sheet directly from the view itself. No need to come from both directions and match.

To answer your list matching question though, it’s all a matter of handling your list levels and maintaining a matching structure.

2 Likes

For some reason the referencing node is broken or just returns emptys. Sucks. Also to clarify getting all fake reference views too of view. Then from views in links too. Thanks for the simplified graph. Look forward to trying it

Hello, hope this can help

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Use a GetParameterValueByName node instead.

I’m not sure if you’re saying this functionality is wanted or unwanted. If it’s wanted then it’s still viable as long as the view is on a sheet. If that view/sheet is in another document then you may have to use python to match them up. If it’s unwanted then it’s likely just an issue with how you’re collecting views in the first place.

It doesn’t bring up all referencing sheets. Just one. Is there another parameter I should use?

this should have multiple referencing sheets

I guess I don’t follow. How would you have a single callout view on multiple sheets?

A typical detail that’s referenced across many sheets using reference other view. Sorry if im not being clear or somethings being lost in translation. Tryna up my skills in being more descriptive about this stuff :sweat_smile: This is why I was collecting all the callouts to get the detail references or all sheets to one detail. Then Ill put a text note next to the detail of all the other sheets its referenced on.

Oh ok, I see. I would still think you could use the callout view to get the associated sheet and then group the callouts (or just key off of them if that’s easier) by the referencing view (detail) name. It does sound like a dictionary of typical details and notes would be useful here.