Slope pattern between two feature lines

Hi Everyone

I have a problem that I don’t know if it can be solved via dynamo / python.
I would like to insert the 3D Slope patterns between two feature lines.
Until now on Civil3D it is possible to do only in corridors and gradings.

I am attaching an image that explains what I would like to do, both in the case of straight feature lines and in the case of curved feature lines (for example for ramps).

I wonder why this hasn’t been introduced by Autodesk yet
Thank you

Slope Patterns.dwg (2.2 MB)

On Dynamo it seems to me there is no nodes, I don’t know if there is something in the API Functions.
However, I had thought of creating the slope patterns as a succession of 3D feature lines

Hi @User3 ,
try this

2 Likes

Hi @Drbohlav ,

Nice approach, would create something similar.
I have a small question thought: What is the reason of the FeatureLine.ByName node step (after getting the name from said FeatureLine), is it not possible to directly get the PolyCurve?

FL is recognized as Civil Object but not as FeatureLine object, see screen shot.

2 Likes

I see, thanks for the quick response :smiley:

@Drbohlav I have some problems with the ramp with fatal error. Can you try in my dwg?

Thank you

@User3 Try this:
I made some edits to @Drbohlav 's script (which he did an amazing job on by the way). I noticed the script was select featurelines by name and your dwg didn’t have names attributed to your featurelines. Which was probably causing your issues. You can use Arkance to get the featureline geometry. The script was also returning nulls for some geometry so I added a way for that to get cleaned out. There is some odd behavior going on but generally the result is pretty good. I may take a crack at making a V2 that generates the lines with a different strategy to see if a different result can be achieved.

Great job @Drbohlav

SlopePattern.dyn (96.1 KB)

Hi Shaun
Thank you

I tried your script but I noticed that the slope patterns do not touch the bottom line and have this behavior.
I attach an image

Weird. I must have made a mistake. I didnt take a good enough look. Ill debug it when i find time.
*Edit: Won’t have C3D access until the 11th due to being between jobs. Ill take a look at this as soon as I can.

@Anton_Huizinga’s version 7 of Arkance solved this problem before I had a chance to bugfix the code. You can now do this with a single node. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Shaun, thank you

I think it is the perfect solution.

Hi,
Thanks for creating such a great tool.
I just wanted to know is there any way to change slope pattern style?

How do you mean? Do you have any example?

Hi @patrick.ericson
Thanks for the reply , As you can see in below snip we have different style of slope tadpoles . in civil 3D we can add/create these tadpoles based on our requirement. So just wanted to know how we can change the style of slope tadpoles?

Don’t think it is possible, maybe if you use another tool to create the slope patterns. Could you use some kind of dynamo block?