Dear Dynamo enthusiasts,
I am having some problems with the “Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndViews” node.
What should happen:
The node should create 60 sheets with a number of views (floor plans, sections and elevations) on each sheet (7-15 depending on the sheet)
The node creates all the sheets, but sometimes only places about half of the views instead of the whole list of views. I will call the missing views “corrupt views” from now on.
What I have already tried:
I have been troubleshooting, trying to create only one sheet:
- feeding the corrupt views one at a time into the node. This works.
- feeding a list of 3 corrupt views into the node. This works.
- feeding the whole list of views (good and corrupt) into the node for one sheet. This does not work. Only part of the list is placed on the sheet. Depending on the order of the list sometimes 4 out of 7 views are placed, sometimes 5. I get a warning message that a view could not be placed due to it’s size even though the view is small enough to fit on the sheet…
For people who want the whole story:
In our project we have created views of every house (Floor Plans, Sections and Elevations). The house number is always part of the name of the view. We now want to create one sheet per house with all the views of that particular house on the it.
The script is pretty simple. I have an excel sheet with all sheet numbers, sheet names and house numbers. The script looks through all the views and filters them by name, containing the house number.
Input for the Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndViews node is:
- a list of sheet names from excel
- a list of sheet numbers from excel
- one titleblock
- a list of lists. The nested lists contain all views to be placed on sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 etc.