Setting "Building Story" and "Structural" Parameters of Levels through Dynamo?

Hello everyone,

I`d like to have a question regarding setting the properties of Revit Levels via Dynamo, and I am not able to figure out how to call these parameters for the Levels called “Building Story” and “Structural”. This parameter is important only for the IFC export, and I am trying to set up a Dynamo script, that can (according to my needs) set these parameters to “ON / OFF”. I have already achieved to call the needed Revit Level Elements, but I cannot get to set these params (Building Story and Structural). It would be really good to do it by Dynamo (filtering between lots of levels) as to check manually all the time seems a no go on the long run if it could be automated. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge of Python scripting and therefore I am limited in my ways to find a solution - I suspect tough that with Python it should be pretty easy to call these parameters and set their values.

Do you have any ideas? Or is there an easy way of doing it that I just did not think of?

The parameters I try to call:
Capture1

And where I am currently (everything works until this point in my graph, but I have no idea how to proceed with setting these by Dynamo):

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try 0 and 1

Marcel, thanks for the swift response, tried it as well, but unfortunately the result is the same. I think the problem lays with how I call the parameters (I think, maybe it is not even possible to call these parameters the way I tried, but I don`t have any other idea). If I could call the parameter, I think i could then set the parameter as well. With python probably a very easy task to achieve.

@Poreko It should work. Make sure you are not putting the value as “0” & “1” instead of 0 & 1.

1 Like

I tried it again, and it DID work out, thank you Marcel_Rijsmus and AmolShah! It turns out, the issue was, that a quotation mark (") was not deleted in my code block (Initially I tried with “True” and “False”, and the quotation marks stayed in). So it was my mistake, thank you both for the very rapid response, I works like charm now!

2 Likes