Set Value to Parameter within .rfa

Hello all,
This topic has popped up once or twice on this forum but to my knowledge there have been no full complete solution (I could be wrong). Simple, I want to populate a value to a parameter for multiple .rfa files without opening them. I have done this script which is running error free but when I open the family after , the parameter is not populated at all.

Any ideas where Im going wrong would be much appreciated.

10_Set Parameter value to Family.dyn (25.1 KB)

Thanks for your reply…
I want to input values into all family files only…and when complete save all families in one centralized library location. After this I will load these families into separate projects when needed.

I added the “Document .Save” node , it ran error free but again when I opened up the family after …the parameter was not populated at all.!
FYI - to run the script I just opened up a"New Project"…Could this be where Im going wrong ?

Saved%20document|690x359

Hi Erfajo,
I have tested your script and it seems to work great when mapped to 1 single family in a certain location :slight_smile: Next step would be to map to multiple families in the same location (which will have the same value) … again I got an error free script, however when I went into the families after they did not populate any data into the parameter. Im thinking my problem lies within this area of the image below…Thoughts…??

Thank you

02_Set Parameter value to Multiple Families.dyn (27.7 KB)

So I think I have this working…I tested multiple families in 1 folder and each of these families had multiple types.

I did however get a Yellow warning but when I open the families afterwards they are populated correctly.

It would be great if someone else tested and get the same results for verification.

02_Set Parameter value to Multiple Families.dyn (43.3 KB)

01_Add Parameter to Family(Fully_Tested).dyn (36.4 KB)
02_Set Parameter value to Multiple Families.dyn (43.3 KB)

Hello Erfan,

just want to tell you that with your Orchid package you have revolutionized the use of dynamo…

Thank you so much and I am sure that you are the first to have done such a work for the end users and firms to save them time and money.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Erik,
Thanks for sharing and maintaining this awesome package. Hats off for the capabilities and usability of Orchid across multiple use cases.

I probably have an issue you are able to address in a few seconds or point me in a direction of some documentation/example.

I am trying to change 15 parameters in 9 families with a total of 58 family types. How should I set up the list levels and lacing for this to work?

I think I have tried just about all possibilities using the family[1] instead of all families (shorter list just 4 indices) and I can’t get it to populate values beyond setting the same first index value to all types.

Any ideas what I could do?

Thanks in advance!
Med venlig hilsen,
Adam

For anyone facing a similar problem, here is the solution!