Set Sun Settings and Export Image

<p style=“line-height: 14.25pt;”><span style=“color: #333333; font-family: ‘Georgia’,serif; font-size: 10pt;”>Hi, </span></p>
<p style=“line-height: 14.25pt;”><span style=“color: #333333; font-family: ‘Georgia’,serif; font-size: 10pt;”>Are you able to set sun settings, like date and time, through Dynamo? Either by current view or specifying a view. I am doing some shadow analysis studies and am looking for a way to save images of a view with shadows cast from various angles and I can’t seem to figure this out myself.

Any help appreciated! Either if there is a package out there or how I could find the commands to access this through Python script or Dynamo Nodes.

Thanks,</span></p>

Sorry I don’t know where that junk is coming from, question again:

Are you able to set sun settings, like date and time, through Dynamo? Either by current view or specifying a view. I am doing some shadow analysis studies and am looking for a way to save images of a plan view with shadows cast from various angles and I can’t seem to figure this out myself.

Any help appreciated! Wither if there is a package out there or how I could find the commands to access this through Python Script or Dynamo Nodes.

Thanks,

Hi Mathew,

Read below posts. See if it helps!

http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/direct-sunlight-hour-analysis/

http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/a-challenge-for-the-dynamo-pros-to-do-with-shadows/

Hi Kulkul, thanks for the links!

What I am looking to do is have Dynamo export the current view, or specified view, with shadows and incrementally add an hour onto the sun settings and export another image. Doing this for a given time range.

So I’m imagining this being easier than the linked posts but unsure where to start :slight_smile:

You should give the Dynaminator package a try. You can find it on the PM. Also there’s more info and samples here:

Thanks Dimitar, the solar study component from Dynanimator looks to be exactly what I am after.

When I download the Package through the Dynamo PM it doesn’t have that node, also when I download it from the GitHub link it doesn’t open. Dynamo goes through the normal open process but when you click open it just stays on the original home workspace. Any ideas? Is there any other way I can get the node?

It ran for me on Dynamo 0,82.

I downloaded Dynanimator 1.0.4 from the PM and had to download these three files for the solar study functionality:

2015-11-18_10-09-16

And save them in " %appdata%\Dynamo.8\packages\Dynanimator\dyf "

Then I restarted Revit and Dynamo and everything ran as expected:

Could It be because I have Dynamo 0.8.1 installed?

I’ve tried it at home and got it working on 0.8.1 so I’ll try again tomorrow at work. Thanks Dimitar for your help!!