Set Render color not working properly

G"day

im having some trouble with applying render color to a material,

I’ve written an dynamo script that will create a material based on a Ral color convert it to RGBA color for revit and then apply it to a material.

Everything is working fine except the “Material set Render color” sometimes it works but most times it doesnt and i cant place why it returns met a Null value.

I’ve seen somebody having the same problem but it was never solved: Set Render Color return Null

can somebody explain my why i get Null as return and it isnt applying the color?

does it have something to do with appearance asset?

hopefully somebody will be able to explain my why the render color is not applying.

thanks already!

Tom

@Alban_de_Chasteigner might be able to help you out here

2 Likes

Hi @T.Broekhof,

Can you share a sample Revit file and your graph ?

For some reason, the appareance assets aren’t created, so the subsequent nodes can’t function.

Please note the Create and Add AppearanceAssetElement requires a material called Default.

You can use the AppearanceAsset Duplicate and Material Set AppearanceAsset instead.

1 Like

Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner

this was the solution for my problem, even though the “Default” material was there the node wasnt able to select it. Using appearanceasset duplicate and then material set appearanceasset works great!

thanks for you help much appreciated :slight_smile:

attached a snap of how this part of the sheet is working atm (For everybody with the same problem)

1 Like