Set Family Instance Parameter to Read only (Reporting Parameter)

Hello Guys!

I am facing a problem right now by adding parameters from my shared parameter file to families. I am using the DanEDU Package.

It works great and adds all the parameters that i want, the only thing is that a few parameters should be Instance Reporting parameters and therefore Read Only in Revit.
2018-04-10%2007_59_55-Parameter%20Properties

Is there a way to set my instance parameter to read only? I found the way to check if they are read only, but no way to set them read only :frowning:

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards
Gerhard

I will make that option… but in my new package ASAP :slight_smile:

Could I suggest you test these nodes in my new package? I am deprecating the DanEDU package when I finish coding all my present nodes in the DanEDU package as ZeroTouch nodes. I am half way now. I hope to be ready with all nodes before dynamo is released as version 2. Some nodes in the DanEDU package will not work in dynamo ver. 2. and I will not upgrade them, the entire package will be deprecated.

The new package can be found as “Orchid”. This package works both in Dynamo 1.3.x and in Dynamo 2.0

1 Like

Hello erfajo,

i already downloaded our Orchid package and i will use them from now on instead of the DanEDU.
If i find any problems or things that worked in the old one then i will give feedback to you of course.
Thanks a lot for considering this in you new nodes, this is really a thing that saves me a lot of time :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

It is now an option to make “reporting” parameters

…all nodes for FamilyDocuments in the Orchid package

If you want to remove a formula AND remove the parameter value in the same run, then add the “red” group as an extension after the “remove formula” group by passing the document.

If you want to use the “FamilyDocument.Current” node, then be sure that such a “type” exsist. You can create families without any types!? both “set” nodes will therefore create a “default” type named as the current familydocument (the open document).

Hello Erfajo,

I tried a few of your notes that I need and they work perfectly with the “older” 1.3.2 Dynamo version.
Also including the Reporting Parameter function, thank you a lot for that.

Regards

I have now deprecated the “DanEDU Dynamo” package in favor of the new package “Orchid”. I had a hope to finish all nodes before Revit 2019 and Dynamo 1.3.3 was released, but I didn’t succeed doing that. Therefore is the old nodes existing side by side with new nodes. New ‘ZeroTouch’ nodes will replace the old nodes regularly until all nodes have been transferred… under the new package name “Orchid”

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Family.DocumentAddParameter (Orchid Package) Sub-Transaction Error