Set Builtin Parameter truncating value

Guess it’s just frustration day today.
I’m using the Archi-Lab node Set Builtin Parameter to set my VIEWPORT_DETAIL_NUMBER
Similar to Nate Holland’s process here:

(Thanks, Nate)
My current issue is that I’m passing the node a string, but it seems to be only applying the first character to my Viewport

As you can see, I’m passing a string value (in this example “70A”, but the node is setting my Detail Number to only “7”
Something I’m doing wrong, or is it a bug in the node?
(Note: the Get Builtin Parameter is only there for debugging - same thing happens with or without it)
I’ve messed around with several variations, and I always get only one character set in the Detail Number
Dynamo 1.2.1.3084, Archi-lab 2016.12.7, is the version matter

Hmmmm…
It may have to do with the new (Dynamo 1.2) List@Level feature.
I checked the “Use Level” box for Parameter Values, set it to @L2 and I got both characters.

guess is that this node is expecting a list and replicates over the characters of the string as if the string were an array (it is a type of list of characters). Note that the node says “parameter Values” as a hint for the type, try wrapping your string in a list {"parameterValue"}

Thanks. Micheal. That makes sense. A String IS a kind of a list, after all.
And I will eventually be passing a list into and out of what I’m doing.
It’s just that I prefer to build things with a simple - single - case first and then add the complexity of a list.
Guess that bit me this time.