Sequence and naming issue

Hi all, I’m trying to duplicate all floor plan views (except Site) and then rename the duplicates to corresponding view name + Fire Plan.

The duplication is working (apart from I can’t filter out Site) but the renaming isn’t taking place and I think that because I need to sequence this to happen after the duplication. Tried using PassThrough but to no avail

This is another alternative - which also doesn’t rename the duplicated views - not sure where I’m going wrong.

The bottom string is where I’m trying to them set the Detail Level for the new duplicated views.

I presume the Detail Level is set by either 1, 2 or 3 as this is the result of GetElementValueByName.

I’m wondering is I should be rather using

Any suggestions would be great.

So I made a little progress on duplicating the views and though I was getting close with the renaming part. it’s listing all the views that have copy in the name, but not changing the word Copy to Fire Plan and still can’t suss changing the Views Detail Level

Hi Justin,

I am no expert myself with Dynamo but I think this will work:

First you can Filter out your ‘Site’ Plan with a List.FilterByBoolMask as below:

Then you can use a String.Replace as below:

There may be a quicker way to do this but I hope this helps!

Apologies for double reply but I can only upload 1 image per post currently,

1 Like