Selection - Filter polyline by Linetype

Hi there

Please, can anyone help me

I’m working on a routine, which I have to select polyline by its linetype to change to an alignment.

I was already part of it but I’m having trouble filtering the polyline by linetype.

I’m a beginner in Dynamo

The process - filter by layer i have to change to filter by linetype, i have tried somethings but all was wrong, what can i do?
CreateAlignments.dyn (46.3 KB)

thank you

Welcome to the community and a great first post!

Fun exercise, likely need to check the layer linetype and object for any overrides. The replace by condition is a tricky one but is pretty neat when the dataset is straight forward enough. Civil3DToolkit has the object extension parameter nodes. Hope this helps.

Linetype Check v0.dyn (33.1 KB)
Linetype Check v0.dwg (939.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much Kirk

I’m sorry for my ignorance, but when I put this routine it doesn’t recognize the polylines in another drawing and all lists is null

What could be?

This script uses manual selection of polylines for testing, so you’d want to select all the polylines with select similar perhaps in civil then go to dynamo and click the “select” button in the pink input square. There are many other ways to gather the initial objects you are interested in but I did that for sake of easy testing. That node is for selecting live objects within a current drawing. It’s a different story (slightly more complicated) if you are trying to select objects in an xref.

1 Like