Select sheet category but not by dropdown node?

Is there a way of selecting the sheets category without the need for the Categories node with drop down list?

We have a script thats setup specifically for sheets but the categories node seems to ‘reset’ itself between Revit version. From what I read this might be because new categories are added from one Revit version to another but I haven’t come across a solution.

Someone mentioned using a Object Styles Type (I think), I tried OST_Walls in a cade block without luck, should it be something else specific?

I also remember a node that has all categories as output but I can’t find it or remember the name, an OOTB solution would be preferred though.

1 Like

I don’t understand how that is supposed to work, presumable I’m missing something?

Category
Top is what I was doing thats causing the odd problem

Category.ByName supplies your category object. I placed the object type to basically demonstrate what the node was retrieving. Use the output of the Category.ByName node and it is the same as the dropdown.

Thanks John. I think I must have done something wrong earlier, I could have sworn I used the All Elements of Category after Category.ByName and got an error! All working fine now, thanks.