Select Elements on Screen - Fill out Parameter

That worked Perfectly buddy!!! @john_pierson. So this may be a silly question… is there a way to deploy Packages globally across a company?

Deployment is something I don’t know a heck of a lot about. But I do know you can put packages on a network drive and map people to them.

This is accessible under settings> Manage node and package paths.

1 Like

Again, thank you very Much!!! this helps a ton!

ty @john_pierson

It’s work good, but I often switch between True and false for refreshing the node in order to pick model elements again. Could you please upload the finally workflow??

I revised the node already, and the toggle is the way to reset. Was there something else you need this to do?

I am a little noob, zorry … What’s mean toggle?
Could you give me an imagine about the node ?

So , To switch from true to false is the way to reset… That’s toggle

Yeah, the toggle resets the selection

1 Like

For parameters that stay the same in a project I use global parameters.
For example the total floor thickness that I can use as an input for the Wall Top Offset.

Hi, I am very noob in dynamo and python. I want a new selection from revit every time I run the script. How to do this?

Look at the conversation just above about using a toggle. Many nodes have this already built in but you may need to add your own in some cases.

I don’t understand the concept of a toggle. I tried using the toggle-nodes in rhythm but with no success. How should this be used?

An input for a toggle is a boolean (true/false)

So when you toggle the input from true to false (or false to true) you cause the node to re-run and update any elements inside.

1 Like

Sorry, but I still don’t understand. I want the toggling to happen automatically, so that I can run the script and it will go to revit for picking nodes every time.

This is not currently possible. You would have to use Dynamo Player.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realise that it happened automatically using dynamo player. That is awesome, because that is the purpose of the script, to be used in player. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi All,

I am trying to do something similar to this script. I have hundreds of columns in my graphical column schedule, each with its own column tag (C1, C2, C3 etc.) sometimes i need to put a new column in between theses tags, So column C2 needs to be now C3, C3 needs to be C4 etc. Each column uses the parameter ‘Mark’ i would love to be able to select certain columns and bump the ‘Mark’ value by a specific amount.
Any idea how i can go about this? all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Shane.

Hi All,

I have answered my own question! see attached image the graph. Any comments to streamline would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane