Select default Yes or No answer for Revit pop-up

Hi all,

I created a Dynamo to load a Revit file, run the process, produce an output, and close the Revit file automatically.

My question is, during automated loading by Dynamo, some of the Revit file pop-up warning (examples below). I would like to auto-dismiss it by selecting the default “Yes” answer in order to further load the models. The reason being is that some of the linked CAD dwg files were not ‘cleaned’ up properly which resulted the warnings in the snapshots below. So, I am only interested to get the Dynamo going and leave it there without needing to manually click Yes or Close button each time a message pops up.

Could somebody suggest me which nodes to use? I really appreciate your input. Thank you.

popup-revit-3 popup-revit-2 popup-revit-1

As it is not a Revit API thing, but rather a Windows API, I don’t have high hopes for automating it through Dynamo. However, @Jeremy_Tammik’s post on https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2009/10/dismiss-dialogue-using-windows-api.html shows you can do it using a separate Windows API script. It will be a lot more work than what you might be expecting (no nodes, just hard coding). I don’t know how much work you are willing to put into it, but that post would be a good start.

3 Likes