Select.ByCategory and View Node

I am using this node to find elements within the view. It works fine if i only feed one(1) view to it, but if i try and feed two views, i get and error. Would there be a way to get this node to cycle thru both views and update parameters for each? Here is the screenshot

Use Flatten Node before Element.SetParameterByName

Robert, I tried that and it did not work. I think the problem is that the Select.ByCategoryAndView node only accepts one(1) view to process and i need the ability to process multiple views. The only way i can think of is to duplicate this node and use getitematindex and feed each one separately. The problem with this is i don’t know how many views might be selected at one time

Set the View list level to @1.

OK… i got it to work with two views but only with brute force. There has to be a better way to do this as i might have 20 views to set this parameter with. Here is a screen shot of what i have done. How would i get this to work with any quantity of views?

Set the View list level to @1. This will make the node loop through each view individually rather than trying to apply the proper lacing. This can also be accomplished by setting your lacing to cross product. This may require you to manage your list structure a little differently now, but it’s a step in the right direction.

1 Like