Select all instances in view not working

hello, I am using the Element.SelectInView node from steam nodes and it doesn’t seem to be working. I am trying to find a way to collect all the instances of a given family in the active view and copy one of its parameters, while simultaneously changing it to a different family, then pasting the previously copied parameter data into the same parameter of the new family so that I dont lose any important data. the problem is that the node seems to be collecting all the elements in the entire project, not just the active view like it should be. Does anyone know a different node that might be able to help me? or perhaps a different way to accomplish this all together? Because right now its not even changing the family for me. Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I think it is functioning properly. Your Watch node shows 1966 elements. The elements in the list you have circled are all the elements in the project yes (3932), but the node is only allowing the elements in the view to continue on to other nodes (1966).

@chris.urban20
Thanks, but the problem is that there is only one of those families in that particular view. :confused:

I guess its a lacing issue (FamilyInstance.SetType) or try to set the in this node the @L1 by FamilyInstance.

1 Like