Section View to Surface

Alright, I do have a working draft. but have exceeded my abilities. I have been able to convert polylines drawn in a section view, into offset/elevation data, and then a 3d polyline at the station/offset/elevation. Essentially rotated the polyline in the section view and relocated it to the alignment.

There is a bit of a mismatch of Camber objects and Civil3dToolkit objects, as some information extracted didn’t talk to each other. I also can only get it to work one polyline at a time.

I currently crash Dynamo if the polyline extends beyond the section view limits. I also seem to crash Dynamo when I use polylines creates by importing a pdf (or the lines when selected have no Dynamo geometry), but this only happens in a file that already has errors and I haven’t tried to replicate it.

My goal is to select multiple polylines and it produce multiple 3dpolylines. In the attached dwg, selecting the three polylines, each contained within a separate section view, and producing three separate 3dpolys, each at their appropriate station.

dymano test.dwg (1.0 MB)

Hey Andrew - I haven’t looked real close at your graph, but maybe this will help? Sounds similar.