Script running over and over again neverending

Hello,

Not sure if that question is quite easy or quite complicated.

I am in unusual script workflow that starts selecting all elements of a category and at the half way of the script, it creates more elements of same category and I believe that script refresh and re-run with new elements and Dynamo not responding for long time like an hour because intersecting them.

Conclusion, script seems to be on infinite loop and I would like to finish and stop to refresh a portion of the script and continue the script from that point.

I was testing with nodes of Transaction start, end, but not sure if it works as expecting or what it does.

I am wondering if there is an effective way to control the flow of the script by parts. Conditional nodes can be used but do not change that behaviour.

Thanks for your forum support,

Freeze a node from the last node and then back to find where trouble starts

1 Like

you can use the scope if node or imperative code in a code block to control program flow.
The normal if node executes both inputs streams since the graph is really a data flow language - IE nodes don’t execute until their inputs are calculated - ScopeIF is different.

freezing half the graph and bisecting is a good debugging technique.

Hard to know exactly where to review without seeing the graph, but as a first step can you confirm you aren’t in automatic run mode?

1 Like

manual mode only.

1 Like