Schedule Filled Region Areas in REVIT with Dynamo

Hi All, I have never used dynamo but am wanting to do the below link to help with council land coverage rules for building consents. I have pasted my questions below if someone has the time to help me out that would be great. Thanks

Faylin
hey, I having trouble with the first node box ‘categories’ in which I don’t have the option to select Detail Components, there is the option of Detail Items but when selecting this nothing happens. Is there another way or do you know why I don’t have this option? Thanks

Cesar Escalante
This video is few years old; in the current version of Revit 2018, filled regions are part of Detail Items. You should run the script in a view that has filled regions. Have you set the script to run automatically?

Faylin
Yes, I am using Revit 2018, I have in the node box for ‘categories’ & Detail Items selected. I have the script on to run manually but when clicking this it says list empty in the ‘watch’ node box. I am in a floor plan (site plan) view with two different areas created with two different fill regions types. This is my first time ever using Dynamo, my script is looking just like yours with the only difference being the ‘Detail Component’ mine says ‘Detail Item’. The way I got all my node boxes was searching them then adding the links to represent what you had done. Am I meant to important my Revit information first before doing this? Cheers

1 Like

Hi Faylin.

Could you post your .dyn as well?

Because I’m a new user to this forum it won’t let me sorry.
Can I share it with you some other way??

Yes, usually by taking several screenshots and highlight key info, error message for example.

Here’s an replica of what is illustrated in the video. It works fine.

2 Likes

So on my site plan there are 3 different filled region creating different area information (grey/green/blue) (building coverage/landscaping/paved)

unsure if I’m missing an inputting stage into dynamo from Revit

I have something similar, see if it will help
you wire your filtering wrongly if im not mistaken

try wiring this way

Thanks, still getting the same error message

whats the error?

Then you need to create the Reported Parameter under the Detail Items categories.

Try using Element.Parameters wired to All Elements of Category to see if its loaded.

would you be able to sketch over what wires to delete & add?
Sorry just getting a little confused, as do I have the correct boxes, has it worked for you?

should be like this

To make the parameter appears in schedule you need add it as a shared parameter and like how @Revit_Noob suggested, then add the parameter to the Detail Item Category. The error message is telling you there’s no parameter named “Reported Area” on Detail Item currently.

Thanks all, will give this a go

Thanks everyone! I have manage to final get back to having a look at this & have got it working.

if the posts helped you, kindly mark it as solution

1 Like