Run Dynamo Script from file path

Hi All

I am seeking help from the community as I have created an input form with the help of data-shapes UI nodes and would like to run another script from the file path after clicking the submit button in the form.

I am looking forward to hearing soon.

Best
Ravi

@ravishankar.unipune ,

can you share some screenshots at least?

…sounds like a pyRevit Solution

KR

Andreas

Hi @Draxl_Andreas

Thanks for your response
Please find the attached dynamo script.

Please do the needful.
Data Shapes UI form.dyn (92.3 KB)

Going to need dynamo api to do that I’d say - beyond my knowledge. If youre at the point of needing scripts to run scripts then definitely sounds like it is time to look into more advanced solutions like pyrevit or C# to develop toolkits.

Generally more polite to let the forum assist with these willingly vs tag the regulars onto your threads.

2 Likes

I recommend you don’t over complicate it.

Take the second graph and convert it into a custom node with a static input to prevent execution until the first portion of the graph finishes.

3 Likes

Perhaps the Dynamo Command Line Interface might help you:

1 Like

Sorry for mistake

No problems. Generally we don’t mind being tagged that much, I think it is just better to include the wider forum in the people the post is visually open to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the case you need run in backgound and intergrate with add-in, with temppath is your dynamo script:

DynamoRevit dynamoRevit = new DynamoRevit();

IDictionary<string, string> journalData = new Dictionary<string, string>
                {
                    {JournalKeys.ShowUiKey, false.ToString()},
                    {JournalKeys.AutomationModeKey, true.ToString()},
                    {JournalKeys.DynPathKey, temppath},
                    {JournalKeys.DynPathExecuteKey, true.ToString()},
                    {JournalKeys.ForceManualRunKey, false.ToString()},
                    {JournalKeys.ModelShutDownKey, true.ToString()},
                    {JournalKeys.ModelNodesInfo, false.ToString()},
                };
                DynamoRevitCommandData dynamoRevitCommandData = new DynamoRevitCommandData
                {
                    Application = commandData.Application,
                    JournalData = journalData

};
                Result result = dynamoRevit.ExecuteCommand(dynamoRevitCommandData);
1 Like

@chuongmep that’s actually quite cool! I am not really sure what I might use it for, but why not :slight_smile:

1 Like