Rotate all building elements

Hi everyone!

Similar topics were discussed quite a lot, but I couldn’t find a solution in my case.

I am trying to rotate all building elements. The cases that I have tried:

1. I used SetRotation node, but connecting elements directly to FamilyInstance does not work. Also, I tried to extract family type, and then family instance… however these nodes are not working properly in my script, it might be due to student version of Revit (?).

2. I used Element.SetLocation node (with shortest lacing) from Springs package, since the one from Revit did not work, and in this case the walls and only two floors are rotating (blue marked in the image) while other floors are not.

I could not find out what is the problem behind of it. I read many posts, there were some solutions adviced by @Konrad_K_Sobon, hope we can fix that out as well.

Thanks in advance!

I realized that Element.SetLocation node is just working for walls and beams (see python script of the node attached).

Is there any similar node/way to rotate floors?

Try that one. You should define in file the rotation axis. It works on my side.
Rotate_elements.dyn (19.5 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for brilliant solution! @Deniz_Maral

small note! sometimes building may not rotate accurately. In that case, just doing undo in Revit, and then running Dynamo script again works out, at least in my case :slight_smile:

1 Like