Room Renaming Script is Creating New Rooms Instead

I’m trying to setup a script to rename rooms based on a string value. Instead of it renaming existing rooms, it’s creating new rooms and I’m having a difficult time troubleshooting.

Screenshot is below. I duplicated some code blocks to clean up the pipes.

That looks like it should work. Does it erase the old room and replace it with the new one? Does it delete the other parameter values in the room? Can you show the dropdown of All Elements of Category? Are you using phasing weirdly(this shouldn’t matter, just odd this graph doesn’t work? Maybe throw some screenshots of the view that you are seeing the old room and the new one being created.

Can you preview the output of the all elements of category node please?

Here’s a view with all outputs showing. Excuse the mess of room names in this test project.

It leaves the old room and creates a new one that’s unplaced. Existing room parameters seem to remain untouched. Phasing is only Existing and New Construction in this project; nothing crazy.

Just try to see if you just purposedly take the room that you want to rename by using get item at index to troubleshoot. Remove other nodes not needed. Would that be same issue?

The only thing I can think of is that you are feeding multiple elements to the list with only one value. I would try tossing in a bool filter as soon below. Unsure though.

1 Like

That’s it! Thanks for the assist.

You’re welcome. Going to mark it as a solution.

1 Like

Well done you are a mind reader…

1 Like