Room.FinshBoundary - Points are likely coincident

Hello,

Getting a warning on Room.FinshBoundary that reads:

Warning: Room.get_FinishBoundary operation failed. Unable to create Line. Points are likely coincident

I’m pruning out all the nulls etc. after the fact (five instances) - but i’d rather get to grips with why that node is failing. Any thoughts?

Revit 2019.2/Dynamo 1.3.4 (using this 1.3.4 because of the @Jeremy_Graham tutorial & Juggernaut Package)

5077_50_Interior Elevations_Create by Room (Version 1.3.4).dyn (47.3 KB)

Hmm… No easy answer that I know of.

Can you isolate the rooms and have a look? The Dynamo nodes aren’t as robust as the Revit method…

E.G Revit doesn’t care if there are overlapping walls or gaps smaller than 300mm…

I’d guess that might be problem?

If your rooms are regular it might be that you can work with a bounding box or perhaps grab ceiling outlines instead…

Hope there’s something of use there :slight_smile:

Mark

@Mark.Ackerley thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I’m going to have to investigate further as you suggested, and do as best I can within the model - unfortunately, there is not a square room in that section of the building (hence this approach) + fancy geometry ceilings, etc that can’t be used.

I’ll update if I get anywhere with this.

1 Like

This could be a geometry scaling issue associated to the units in the design. What is the current geometry scaling in Dynamo and what are the units in your project?

1 Like

it’s help, thank you!