It’s difficult for others to get the exact result without getting the relevant files. The above replies by @jacob.small and others has given you start. Now it’s time for you try and post here if you hit the wall. Does that makes sense?
I understand your point and this is what i am doing to test the steps the point for me in step two how to do i will attach what i did right now i have input of ducts and pipes and instance elements how i can reflect the list sequence as per point 2
I know i am trying my best to have it working as i tried different ideas all are not successful.
i test the process above for pipe and duct as well instances elements and by using List Mask Filter i divide the lines and points to be able to convert the line but i have 2 issues right now hope you can help:
1- If i have element coming in between two room like fitting the read value return null how i can consider in one of the them
2- i collect the rooms depend on elements location but i need to rename parameter on these elements depend on the room name like i have element in room called Z1 so i need to return this value in the element properties
Test _ Get elements in the Room.dyn (21.2 KB)
i did some trial to fix the issue of point two it works but still some elements got wrong value not the right zone name , i will attach the updated model and script i did if there is something wrong i did.Test _ Get elements in the Room.dyn (26.1 KB)
Do you have the model as well?
yes please find below the we transfer link.
It is possible. It worked for me once I cleaned up your model. However, as Jacob and I have both said, openings in rooms can cause issues. Just because it works in your test file doesn’t mean you won’t run into issues in other models.
You can see here (I increased wall thickness so it was easier to see) that many of your walls overlap or don’t connect properly.
This is enough to create an enclosed room boundary but causes lots of problems when converting those bounds to room geometry. Cleaning these up will fix the issue in your example model, but it may still be best to find a more stable solution.
Maybe this is the issue i think the option for create solid geometry of the room will be hard and difficult in case i am dealing with large scale complicated project, i think i had another way maybe it will be better and can fix the issue without over complicating the process by more geom.
So for this condition, try moving the point on the X, and Y axes by about your maximum wall thickness.
i tried to minimize the wall thickness to value less than the elements so the majority of the element laying will be considered than the other.
Which node i can use to move the points
I would go with the vector version. The Dynamo Dictionary has a good example if you need to see it in use.
Just to share my thoughts from the original issue where room elements does not translate to a solid geometry. I recently experienced as well where i get null, even though i had tried before and was successful. It might have something to do with revit’s area & volume computation. I just switch it to “areas only (faster)” and problem solved.