Room Data export to Revit - rooms without equipment's fails

Hello all,

I am working on exporting room data to excel. my requirement is to export room data along with equipment names in a room. Room data should repeat if a room has multiple equipment. I have developed a script for it but I am facing issue at two points,

1. Room data gets exported for rooms with equipment’s only. Rooms without any equipment does not get exported.
  2. If you will take a look at attached snap “Room data to excel-5”, I want data to be exported with empty columns in between, I have used this method with 4 different export, is there another way to do it please suggest.

attaching here snaps of scripts & dynamo script also.
Transfer Room data & eqpt Revit to Excel-02Feb24.dyn (134.3 KB)

A few comments on Image 1

• Some of the rooms look like they do not have room numbers
  • You are comparing a room element to a string “unoccupied” - always going to be not true - what is the intent here?

You can collect multiple parameters a few ways which avoids multiple nodes by using a list and list levels

Adding blank columns is a matter of splicing nulls in between lists and lots of transposing to ensure formatting of the lists is correct for dumping to excel - it can only be a 2d list (row, column)
Here is my attempt (two ways) - note I have a Rhythm node in the mix getting elements in the room

Hello @Mike.Buttery,

Thank you very much for attending it. however, I got the solution for my first question whereas for second one i.e. for null columns i have referred to your solution and it works fine.
Thanks

1 Like