Revit fill pattern orientation in host layers

Searched, but didn’t find anything.

Is it possible to create a Dynamo routine which will allow Fill Patterns ( for instance for fire-rating plans ) to orient to host layers>align with elements when a Filter has been set up to assign a Fill Pattern for fire-rated walls via a wall parameter.

Currently ( using Revit 2017.2.1) it appears to fail, and the fill pattern will not align with elements when using a Filter.
The popular response has been to use the Coarse Scale Fill Pattern, which works for 1/16" and 1/8" plans–but we need to see the fire rating patterns in larger scale view which have Detail Level set to Medium or Fine, and a Filter set up for the fire-rated Fill Pattern.

I may not understand the question above, but it sounds to me like you’re asking “Is it possible to get dynamo to make a drafting hatch align with a model element?” I’m fairly certain that the answer to that question is no as it’s not something Revit can do even manually.

You CAN place detail curve based detail elements (families or lines) on the centerline of the walls though. Do this by getting all walls in the view, group the list by the parameter values for fire rating, get the location of each element in each list, and then create the curve based elements in the given view.

They will if every layer in the wall has a material assigned with a cut pattern set to align with element. No Dynamo needed!