So here is a building (not a real project before anyone asks)
In Revit I can easily get an elevation:
Is there a way to get the elevation surface / outline (not including roof) in Dynamo?
I’d like the red lines in Dynamo.
I want the script to work on any elevation.
I want human interaction to be minimal
- Get the wall geometry you want to project as solids and union them.
- Get the location of the elevation you want to use for your detail curves.
- Get the bounding box of all the walls
- Get the length from the bounding box’s min point to the max point.
- Build a cuboid which is 2x the bounding box length in each axis, and orient it so one face is on the elevation’s plane, perpendicular to the view plane.
- Use a Solid.ProjectInputOnto to pull the wall geometry onto the base surface.
- Extrude the resulting curves on the view’s direction, and union the surfaces into a single polysurface.
- Split the face of the cuboid which received the projected geometry.
- Take the outtermost surface (has an edge that was in the non-split geometry) and get it’s perimeter curves.
- Remove the outtermost perimeter curves form the collection.
- Draw a detail line with each of the remaining curves.
This is going to be ugly, so be certain you want to do it.
Is there a line version of this node?
eg, returns a line visible from the point rather than returning a surface.