Revit 2024: Trouble deploying Revit with the Dynamo Settings

Our IT is having trouble deploying the Dynamo settings to our firm. I’m not familiar with how to deploy Revit, but from my understanding, in 2024, you can export your settings from dynamo and have it in the Revit deployment. Is there a trick to this? I just exported the xml from inside Dynamo and sent it to IT. Our IT is having issues with it working. I couldn’t find any tutorial’s online to walk through the process, so either I am doing something wrong in the export, or they are missing something in the import / config of the deployment.

Also, the primary thing I want to have in the deployment is the trusted locations come through so the first time someone runs a dynamo script, they don’t have to trust that location. (I’m having issues where if they run the script using dynamo player, it just fails on their end and doesn’t prompt to trust the location) So having that in the deployment would be amazing.

Any tips or tricks I should know?
Thanks!

@rjcoolpix880 would be great to know more about what kind of issues you are running into! What you did, in theory, is correct. You simply upload the DynamoSettings.XML file of your choice - pre-set with all settings, and upload that into the Custom Revit Installer.

Revit when installing will simply put that settings file into a central location which Dynamo will have knowledge of, and import those settings should that file exist.

FYI @Aaron_Tang

Unfortunately all I can really say is that that the settings are not coming through. Is there a way that i can check if the XML is being deployed, but maybe not being read by Dynamo? Or can IT verify something in the deployment that its in there?

Do i need to edit or rename the xml fine in any way? right now im just sending IT the XML as is from the dynamo export.

During the creation of deployment, there is an option to customize the location to save the deployment log. The log file should provide more insights.

2 Likes