Revision Tracking

I am trying to run a dynamo program to Track Revision in Revit. The program is attached to this message with some screenshots to show my results. I have almost made it work but there is the UI.DropDown Data that I cannot make it work. Can someone see something I am missing? thanks you in advance!

I took the dynamo program from this post Sheet List with Revision Matrix

The link above has a video that shows how the program is supposed to work.

revision tracking.dyn (291.3 KB)

how come this is being cycled 5 times?

Because I was testing it with 5 revisions

I cant open the file for some reason, just crashes my Revit. I’d test out the below but I’m sure someone much more talented on here will have the answer

You can also try to download the file from here Sheet List with Revision Matrix

I will try your suggestion, thank you!

Hi @JCoronado, your ui.dropdown nodes have light gray title bars, meaning they are lacking default value activation. You can right click on all the inputs of those nodes and make sure that default values are activated. If you download the latest version of the data-shapes package (2019.2.14), you’ll get the view extension that automatically detects this issue and solves it for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi, Thank you for replying. I have uninstalled the old version I had and installed the latest. I still cannot change the tittle bars, perhaps I am not sure I understand how to do what youre suggesting :frowning:

This may help (appied to ui.droodow node)

1 Like

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi, It almost worked!! I only have a warning/error that does not allow the program to finish the task.

That specific error is because you don’t have an input for List.Contains so there is no mask being created. See how the title of List.Contains is still grey?

I cannot find anything online to fix this issue, would you have any suggestions?

@JCoronado I think you have missed one of the node to make the Boolean list working. Please see attached picture.