Revision Tracking for Revit Sheets

Oh I’m sure it’s possible :slight_smile:

Apologies, I’m speculating slightly because I don’t have an rvt but I guess the revision sequence is a useful thing? Presumably ‘ISSUE 2000’ will be sequence 2000? If that’s right, then this would work…?

I’m asking for too much, but do you think it would be possible to call instead of X the revision numbers? And an X only for the first submission? If I can’t get the X for the first submission, it’s okay. But if I can pull the revision number, I’m sure that will be very very useful!

Also, just for me to make sure I understand, could you walk me through the last part of the code? We are creating a Project Parameter or a Shared Parameter? And it is going to start from ISSUE “n”?

Thank you soo much!

Hum… So… I’ve run out of time I’m afraid…

Edit : Maybe you can make this work with lists?

Apologies,

Mark

1 Like

Thank you for all your help!

1 Like

I can’t get my lists to work :frowning:

Final Version, thanks to Kenny with the Python :slight_smile:

revision tracking-MKA-2.dyn (21.6 KB)

# Copyright(c) 2015, Konrad K Sobon
# @arch_laboratory, http://archi-lab.net
# Thanks Kenny

import clr
# Import Element wrapper extension methods
clr.AddReference("RevitNodes")
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.Elements)

# Import DocumentManager and TransactionManager
clr.AddReference("RevitServices")
import RevitServices
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager
doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

# Import RevitAPI
clr.AddReference("RevitAPI")
import Autodesk
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

import sys
pyt_path = r'C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Lib'
sys.path.append(pyt_path)

revisions = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
sheets = UnwrapElement(IN[1])

Output = []

for sheet, revision in zip(sheets, revisions):
    revnum = []
    for rev in revision:
        r = Autodesk.Revit.DB.ViewSheet.GetRevisionNumberOnSheet(sheet, rev.Id) 
        revnum.append(r)        
    Output.append(revnum)

OUT = Output

Edit: Just a couple of other thoughts…

I’ve added a bit to the beginning of the graph to Clear all the Issue values. Otherwise if someone’s put something in where it should be blank, that would remain.

You’ll likely want a way of recording the sending out of drawings at the same issue. E.G. you send tender drawings to the client, then a week later you’re asked to send the same drawings at the same revision to a contractor. Perhaps you could use the ‘Issued to’ revision parameter to log those and Dynamo could read them somehow?

@Mark.Ackerley I have tried running the first graphic, it only works for one sheet. It reads only one list “List [0]”

Also, I tried to run the last graphic with the Python code and it shows me empty lists :frowning: I am probably doing something wrong.

Hey, no worries, could you restart Dynamo, run it again and expand the other nodes? Something’s gone wrong right up at the start, as all those nodes are empty…

I think I know where the error starts, I have tried to fix it.

When I edit the node I see this:

I uninstall the old versions and replaced the old node. It fixes “TurnIntoList” node. The Graph still shows empty and the tittle of “Document.ProjectParametersByCategory” is still grey:

When I close and re-open the Dynamo Graph, I get the same error and I have to go through the same process to make it work :frowning:

Oh right, can you use a different node entirely?

I also tried to apply default values, but I get warnings in other nodes

Try this instead…

I get this:

Maybe we need @Andreas_Dieckmann to help? If I don’t get the error it’s hard for me to replicate… I copied out the python, maybe this helps?..

@Mark.Ackerley Could you help me apply this “X” to all sheets? in the meantime I could use that.

Thank you so much!
https://forum.dynamobim.com/uploads/short-url/tdvmjCdfBWEtgdKGzZAiNSvLRpG.png

Like in Post 7? :slight_smile:

Yes, Like in post 7

Could you explain how what you would like is different? :slight_smile:

The Graph runs and assigns X values to only the first sheet. I have more than 100 sheets :frowning:

Odd, it works for me…

revision tracking-MKA-cut.dyn (9.4 KB)