Review of Graph To Harvest Pipe Segments and Sizes From a Model

I was hoping someone would be willing to spend a few minutes reviewing this graph and providing input on how to simplify. My intent is to harvest the Pipe Segment & Sizes from a project so I can use the nominal, OD, & ID data in lookup tables on different families, based on their segment type.

Pipe Segment and Sizes.dyn (57.2 KB)

Thanks in advance!

Is there a reason why you need to use a python method to pull the ID/OD, versus just using GetParameterValueByName?

You can export more than one column per node, one export node should do it.
If you are stuck using the python method for some reason, you can also combine your lists together and then transpose the result to get the same formatting.

Thanks for the time looking at this. One question; will your proposal get all data w/out having to draw the pipes? Apologies upfront… I’m learning on the fly here :slight_smile:

Yes, typically a node like Element.Geometry or Element.Solids will draw the pipes in Dynamo space, processing those graphics can be time-intensive.

This method is just pulling information from the active project, no geometry needed.

Hello, @aaron.krovance and @Robert_Younger. I was hoping you could provide some clarification. I tried Robert’s method for harvesting the segments and sizes, but it only worked for pipe segments that were placed in the project. How do/did you harvest all defined segments and sizes defined in the mechanical piping settings?

Hello,

I may have misinterpreted some of the intent of the original poster when they said they were harvesting from a project - at the time, I read that as taking information from modelled elements, not necessarily project setting. You would be correct in that this doesn’t address the pipe settings.

PipeSegments don’t appear to have much exposed through OOTB nodes, you’ll have to dip into some Python for this. This Autodesk thread and this Dynamobim thread should help point you in the right direction.

1 Like