Rerun part of dynamo/python script

Hey guys how are you? So i’m facing the following problem, I got a complex topography and I’m getting its solid.geometry by the native Dynamo node. Everytime it runs it takes a long time, about 5 to 10 minutes to process. Is it possible to don’t make it run this part of solid.geometry again? I wish to use the processed result to others runs without close the player but i don’t want to process the geometry everytime because it’s time consuming. Does anyone have an idea if is it possible? If it is how I may achieve that?

If its a Dynamo Solid then one way would be to use the Data.Remember node from Refinery, but this could lead to issues as it can be updated through its input unintentionally by users if they don’t know what its doing. The solid info would be taken with the graph if it was moved, but this means your dyn file size will be large!

A better way may be to Serialize the solid to a JSON file format and use the import function to call the geometry when required. Take a look at these nodes, and do a bit of a search around on the forum. :wink:

1 Like

I was not effective into the json solution but the Data.Remember works for me, thanks a lot dude for the idea and guidance for this problem.