Revit geometry from json file

Hello all,

From civil 3D I exported a 3D Solid to a .json file. Now with Dynamo I want to create a revit geometry from the json file.
Do you have a workaround to propose to me?

Thank you in advance!!

How? What is the structure?

I have used similar workflows at scale so certainly doable, but the specifics matter.

You can do it, but you have to decide on the best structure to use for the data.

This all depends on the final product that you want to do, this includes the families/categories used in revit as well as what data you are taking from civil 3d as well.

I need to get the geometry in Revit (even as generic families) and after I will add some parameters that I need.
I get an error i tis node here

Ok… and how are we supposed to know what that warning is?

And how are you writing out the values?

The community can’t do all of the work for you while guessing at what your issue is.

Sorry I didn’t notice that the warning message wasn’t visible.
The message is : ’ Geometry.FrimSolidDef operation failed. Failed to create geometry from solid def. JSON: IG_SURFACE_ILLEGAL --illegal surface definition

Looks like a geometry scaling issue to me. Try the export on medium in Civil 3D.

If that fails see if you can use the Data.Remember node to serialize the surface in Civil 3D, and open the same graph in Revit.

Couple of things to be aware of and check:

• The data in the json file might not be structured correctly to be able to generate the solid geometry.
  • Civil 3d might be set in meters and revit is in mm, therefore you need to convert the json data into mm may help.
  • Rethink how you structure the data, because if they are drainage pipes. You could export the centreline(start/end point), outer diameter and inner diameter then re-generate the geometry from this in dynamo revit.