Replace pipes by lines

Hey guys!
I’m kinda new with Dynamo and I wanted to know if it is possible to replace a pipe network by lines (3d model lines). I need them for a project in which I am working on regarding pipe sizing and hydraulic supply. The pipes should be replaced by lines so I can get the linear size of some parts of the network.

Can u guys give me any idea on how to accomplish that?

Element.Location node and a model line by curve node should do the trick.

1 Like

That did the trick, thanks Jacob!

Now I have another problem: I have the list in the attached image with my X, Y and Z values in a line of the list, and when I export this list to excel, it shows the way it is in the image, but I want to separate the values by rows: Instead of having one line in excel with all information, I would like to have several rows separating my x, y and z values. Any ideas?Capture

You don’t have X/Y/Z cooridnates - you have lines, which are defined by a start point and an end point.

You need to get the start point, then the X value/y value/z value for each, then get the endpoint and quarry the same X/Y/Z values.

Nodes to look into:
Curve.StartPoint
Curve.EndPoint
Point.X
Point.Y
Point.Z

You should also take some time to read though the Dynamo primer, as many of these questions you’re running into are well documented there.

1 Like

Thanks, Jacob!

1 Like

If a comment solved your problem please mark it as solutions (and maybe leave a like here and there).

1 Like