Renumber Section Details in plan with Spline

Hello all,

I’m trying to number the detail sections in plan view to renumber them with a spline of our preference. I’m trying to follow the same principle followed in this thread:

Renumber Rooms by Spline

What I am stuck with is, how to detect the clash of the spline and the detail? What parameter should be used for the details, so that it can be used for reference against the location of the spline?

Would appreciate if there are any pointers.

Thanks!

This should get you started

RenumberBySpline.dyn (26.9 KB)

2 Likes

hi! thanks a lot for the reply. I tried loading your script and look like the codeblocks are empty??!

I tried recreating the code-blocks and every new one seems to be created in the same manner.

But following your script, i made the script from scratch and noticed that I had an error here:

The code block that you have made there can be replaced with clean list also right? if so, that also returns an error.

@AmolShah scripts worked very well for me. @Dynamo_Noob check again.

1 Like

An update, the script works great!

the code block issue might be a dynamo version issue. I tested it in another version and the script works!

And the object reference issue was because I had not paid attention to the view which was passed through to the ViewSeciton.LocationPoint Node., maybe a legend view was passed there.

1 Like

you were right :slight_smile:

Here is the finished script if anyone is interested.

RenumberSectionsBySpline.dyn (75.3 KB)